Pain management for your pets can be an important part of your relationship with your furry friends, especially as they age. As your innovative and service-first Little Rock Veterinarian, Shackleford Road Veterinary Clinic is excited to offer our clients Companion Laser Therapy. Laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used to treat a variety of conditions and can be performed in conjunction with existing treatment protocols. Relief and/or improvement is often noticed within hours depending on the condition and your pet’s response. Whether your pet is rehabilitating from trauma or injury, healing from wounds, or simply aging, your companion can benefit from this innovative approach to treating pain.
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery pain (spays, neuters, declaws, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
- Ear infections
Laser Therapy Helps Pain Management in Pets
Laser therapy stimulates the body to heal from within. Non-thermal photons of light are administered to the body for about 3 to 8 minutes and absorbed by the injured cells. The cells are then stimulated and respond with a higher rate of metabolism. This results in relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation, and an acceleration of the healing process.
Pain Management = Relief
Will My Pet Benefit from Laser Therapy?
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into car or down stairs
- Lack of grooming
- Won’t wag tail
- Licking or biting area
- Lack of appetite
To set an appointment or discuss laser therapy with our staff, just contact us today.